UK Tax

Moore Stephens offer UK migrants and Australian citizens professional advice regarding UK tax returns.
Tax issues for migrants are considerably complex and therefore it is advisable to obtain some tax advice prior to migrating to Australia. Australian citizens who have both lived and worked in the UK or are thinking of investing in UK assets should also seek advice.

We can provide the benefit of our knowledge and experience to help you understand whether you will have any continuing liability to tax once you migrate. With careful planning we can help identify ways in which your UK liabilities can be reduced.

For those wishing to invest in assets in the UK, we can explain your ongoing tax liabilities and obligations to file UK tax returns.

We can provide detailed advice in the following areas:

  • Your residency status in both the UK and in Australia.
  • Capital Gains tax issues should you sell your UK asset.
  • Inheritance tax issues
  • How to maximise the benefit you will receive from paying National Insurance contributions

 We can also assist with:

  • Completing relevant HMRC documentation ensuring correct residency status.
  • Assist you with the application of your tax file number for those arriving in Australia.
  • Completing your UK and Australian tax returns and lodging these with the relevant tax authorities.